Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Culinary Alterations

Cooking in Italy isn't always as easy as you think 
it would be. You can't easily find things like vanilla, brown sugar, measuring cups, tablespoons/teaspoons, and many ingredients come packaged very differently making it difficult to know how much you should buy in order to have the right quantity. 

With my mom we made cinnamon bread tweaked and altered to fit the ingredients we had at hand. I'd say it turned out pretty good despite all the changes! 




                                                                              




I also made some lemon quick bread I saw on a blog. I didn't have vanilla, wasn't able to add the salt and baking soda with the exact measures, wasn't even if sure if I actually used baking soda, and just guesstimated the amount of yogurt I was supposed to add, and it wasn't even the right kind. However again here it was quite delicious and eaten up quickly!







Here is an Italian version of macaroni and cheese inspired by mom. Gramigna pasta, some butter, "sottiletto" cheese, some fresh artisan cheese, and milk. No cheddar or velveeta here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers